Light Rain79° WeatherLight Rain79° Weather

Man injured, cat dies in Lealman fire

LEALMAN — A man was seriously injured and a cat was killed during a Sunday morning house fire.

The blaze at 3560 55th Ave. N was reported about 8 a.m.

Pinellas County deputies and fire rescue crews extinguished the blaze, which caused about $50,000 in damage.

A resident, Joseph Phanphilathip, 30, suffered second-degree burns. He was treated at a local hospital and released.

Authorities believe the fire was caused by a citronella candle left burning on the back porch.

Man injured, cat dies in Lealman fire 05/27/12 [Last modified: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:35am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...