No one injured in fire that destroys Tampa mobile home

TAMPA — A small mobile home and everything inside was destroyed late Sunday when an electric space heater ignited bedding, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.

No one was injured.

Fire crews responded to 104 Esther St. in Britt's Mobile Home Park a few minutes after 10 p.m.

Crews found the mobile home engulfed in flames. The fire was under control by about 10:25 p.m.

Fire investigators determined that James Cardinal, 34, and Brandy Cardinal, 28, had left two space heaters turned on while they went out to get fast food. A space heater in the bedroom apparently set the bedding on fire, according to investigators.

Fire investigators estimated damage to be about $6,000.

The American Red Cross arrived to help the Cardinals.

Fire officials reminded residents to be careful when using alternative forms of heat. Space heaters should be kept at least 3 feet from flammable objects and never be left unattended, which includes sleeping while a space heater is on.

Follow This Just In on Twitter.

No one injured in fire that destroys Tampa mobile home 12/27/10 [Last modified: Monday, December 27, 2010 11:53am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...