No one injured in Largo house fire

LARGO — No one was seriously injured Thursday morning in a house fire that may have started at an air conditioning unit's air handler, authorities said.

Largo firefighters were called to the single-family home at 11455 132nd Ave. N, which is south of Ulmerton Road and west of Starkey Road, just before 11 a.m.

A female occupant told emergency dispatchers she heard an explosion, then saw smoke, said Largo Fire Rescue Division Chief David Mixson.

The woman, who was not identified, was told to evacuate the home and she did. Paramedics were checking her at the scene because she may have inhaled some smoke, Mixson said.

It appears the fire started at an air handler in the attic. The home sustained some smoke damage, Mixson said.

Late Thursday morning, firefighters were checking the air quality in the home to determine when the resident would be able to go back inside.

No one injured in Largo house fire 12/01/11 [Last modified: Thursday, December 1, 2011 1:11pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...