Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Overnight fire destroys Clearwater home

CLEARWATER – A fire late Thursday night destroyed a home on Nokomis Street, causing about $100,000 in damages, authorities said.

Two people safely evacuated the two-story house at 1051 Nokomis St. around 11:30 p.m., and no injuries were reported, according to a city news release. Fire officials said the flames were sparked in an electrical panel on the back porch of the home.

Firefighters knocked down the blaze in about 20 minutes, but it caused extensive damage to the house. Pictures and video footage from the scene show burned out walls and charred beams inside the structure, which was built in the 1920s. The light stucco exterior walls were marked with sooty black stains.

County records listed the house's assessed market value in 2012 at $99,479.

No further information was immediately available.

Overnight fire destroys Clearwater home 06/14/13 [Last modified: Friday, June 14, 2013 12:10pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours