PINELLAS PARK — Several pets died in a house fire Sunday morning, but the three occupants escaped unharmed, and a firefighter revived and rescued two puppies.
Pinellas Park and Largo crews responded to the report of a fire about 6 a.m. at 6133 102nd Ave.
Three occupants in the mobile home escaped uninjured, according to the Pinellas Park Fire Department.
Pinellas Park firefighter Brian Fazekas rescued two whippet puppies who were unresponsive by putting them both on oxygen. The puppies were taken to an animal services facility where they're expected to be fine, according to the fire department.
Two ferrets, two guinea pigs and a rabbit died in the fire, said Lt. Gary Berkheimer of the Pinellas Park Fire Department.
Burning candles were believed to be the cause of the fire, but an investigation was underway.
The Red Cross and the Pinellas Park Firefighters Union Benevolent Association were assisting the family.