Resident, firefighter injured in St. Petersburg mobile home fire

ST. PETERSBURG — An elderly woman was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Monday night at her mobile home, according to fire crews.

The unidentified woman was taken to St. Anthony's Hospital and expected to survive.

Fire investigators say a space heater is to blame for the fire, according to Bay News 9.

St. Petersburg Fire and Rescue responded to the fire at 100 Mt. Curve Ave. NE a few minutes before 8 p.m.

Firefighters found the doublewide mobile home engulfed in flames and smoke.

An unidentified elderly man and dog were also rescued from the blaze. Neither were injured.

A firefighter suffered minor injuries while fighting the fire and had to be taken to Edward White Hospital.

The fire was under control in about 15 minutes.

Follow This Just In on Twitter.

Resident, firefighter injured in St. Petersburg mobile home fire 12/14/10 [Last modified: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:50am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...