Clear77° WeatherClear77° Weather

Shed fire spreads to Tampa home

TAMPA — An electrical fire that started in a utility shed spread to a home Friday afternoon, authorities said.

No one was injured in the fire at 1807 E. 139th Ave., which happened about 2 p.m., according to Hillsborough County Fire Rescue. Two families lived in the duplex, and are working with the American Red Cross for assistance.

A female resident heard a loud bang, checked and found the shed engulfed in flames. The woman, her husband and a small child fled the home and notified a neighbor. They did not hear a smoke alarm, and told Hillsborough Fire Rescue they believed the alarms didn't work.

Shed fire spreads to Tampa home 01/18/13 [Last modified: Friday, January 18, 2013 6:23pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...