Small fire set in East Lake High restroom; no one injured

EAST LAKE — Authorities responded to a small fire in a boy's restroom at East Lake High School at dismissal time Tuesday.

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, which responded along with East Lake Fire and Rescue, it appears the fire was set in a paper towel dispenser in a second-floor restroom of the school at 1300 Silver Eagle Drive.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was reported at 1:50 p.m. as students were leaving for the day. As a precaution, those remaining in the building were evacuated. Fire and smoke damaged an adjacent wall, the Sheriff's Office said.

An investigation is ongoing.

Small fire set in East Lake High restroom; no one injured 10/19/10 [Last modified: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:41am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...