An electrical fire partially damaged a St. Petersburg home Monday evening, leaving a family of four without shelter, officials said.
The two adults and two teenagers were having dinner at 1359 Russell Dr. N at about 6:30 p.m. when they heard loud popping sounds coming from the utility room, St. Petersburg Fire Rescue Lt. Joel Granata said.
The residents and a black Labrador escaped. The fire spread quickly through the one-story building, reaching the attic, Granata said. There was about $20,000 worth of damage, Granata said.
No one was injured. The family was being assisted by the American Red Cross.