ST. PETERSBURG — A St. Petersburg home caught fire Monday morning after a next-door neighbor's large oak tree fell into a power line, then both fell into the home, causing the water heater to emit flames.
The damage was contained to the garage of the home at 2201 Seventh Ave. N in the Kenwood area, according to St. Petersburg Fire Rescue spokesman Joel Granata. Firefighters had to cut a hole in the garage to get to the fire, which was contained within minutes.
No one was inside the home when the fire started, but two Rottweilers named April and Jake were inside, Granata said. They were removed from the home unharmed. The owner showed up while fire inspectors were assessing the damage.