TAMPA — Fire officials found several marijuana plants after an overloaded electrical panel caused a small fire at a duplex late Monday, according to Tampa Fire Rescue.
No one was injured.
Firefighters responded to the fire at 9:38 p.m. at a duplex at 915 E Humphrey St. The fire, which spread up the outside of the duplex and into the attic, was quickly snuffed out.
Inside the home, fire crews found multiple marijuana plants. Fire officials said it appears power being pulled into the duplex for the lights overloaded the panel.
Tampa police were investigating late Monday.
Follow This Just In on Twitter.