Overcast68° FULL FORECASTOvercast68° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

Fire sends Progress Village adult to hospital

TAMPA — A Progress Village resident was taken to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation caused by a house fire early Sunday.

Hillsborough County Fire Rescue officials said two adults, including the person who went to the hospital, were sleeping when the fire broke out at 4919 S 84th St. A smoke alarm alerted them, fire officials said.

Firefighters were confronted with heavy smoke and fire in the kitchen, and it took about 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The two homeowners are expected to stay with relatives until their home is repaired, fire officials said. The identity of the residents was not released.

Fire officials said the incident demonstrates the importance of working smoke alarms. If county residents do not have a smoke alarm, can't afford one or don't have the means to install one, they can call (813) 272-6600.

Fire sends Progress Village adult to hospital 08/25/13 [Last modified: Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:33pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...