TAMPA — A house fire extinguished by Tampa firefighters Saturday afternoon may have been caused by arcing electrical wires in the attic, officials said.
Firefighters responded to 3913 E Powhatan Ave. at 12:26 p.m. after reports of smoke. Inside, they found two men fighting the fire with a garden hose. Firefighters got the men out and quickly contained and extinguished the flames, Tampa Fire Rescue said.
There were no reported injuries. The American Red Cross is assisting the family of three adults, three children and their two dogs.
Investigators believe the fire originated in the attic. The damage was estimated at $10,000.