Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Tampa firefighters extinguish house fire

TAMPA — A house fire extinguished by Tampa firefighters Saturday afternoon may have been caused by arcing electrical wires in the attic, officials said.

Firefighters responded to 3913 E Powhatan Ave. at 12:26 p.m. after reports of smoke. Inside, they found two men fighting the fire with a garden hose. Firefighters got the men out and quickly contained and extinguished the flames, Tampa Fire Rescue said.

There were no reported injuries. The American Red Cross is assisting the family of three adults, three children and their two dogs.

Investigators believe the fire originated in the attic. The damage was estimated at $10,000.

Tampa firefighters extinguish house fire 02/02/13 [Last modified: Saturday, February 2, 2013 2:11pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours