Light Rain65° FULL FORECASTLight Rain65° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

Three people and a cat survive carbon monoxide poisoning

PALM HARBOR — Three people and a cat were rushed to local hospitals Monday evening with carbon-monoxide poisoning after a car was left running in a closed garage. The incident happened at about 6:15 p.m. at 156 Steeplechase Lane in Palm Harbor. According to Palm Harbor Fire Rescue, a 60-year-old woman had two guests at her home when one of them felt light-headed and stepped outside for air and heard a car running in the garage. The woman went back into the house, got the other two people out, turned off the car and opened the garage door. The 60-year-old as well as a 50-year-old woman and her minor daughter were all taken to Mease Dunedin Hospital, where they were said to be in stable condition. Firefighters also saved a cat from the home using a pet oxygen mask, then took it to an animal hospital. A neighbor was also forced to evacuate because of high levels of carbon dioxide.

Three people and a cat survive carbon monoxide poisoning 08/08/11 [Last modified: Monday, August 8, 2011 11:05pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...