weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Two injured in St. Petersburg kitchen fire

A man and his son were injured early Thursday when a kitchen fire tore through their St. Petersburg home.

A St. Petersburg Fire Rescue spokesman said the fire was reported about 4:30 a.m. at 7363 17th Way N. When firefighters arrived, the home was showing heavy smoke and flames. Inside, they found two men, who taken to Northside Hospital and Bayfront Health St. Petersburg for treatment of nonlife-threatening injuries related to smoke inhalation.

The spokesman said the fire appears to have started on the stove, and that the home was not equipped with any smoke detectors.

Two injured in St. Petersburg kitchen fire 03/27/14 [Last modified: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:02pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours