weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Unattended frying pan sparks Riverview house fire

RIVERVIEW — An unattended frying pan sparked a fire that killed two dogs early Monday inside a Riverview home.

The pan was full of bacon and left unattended on a hot stove in the kitchen of the home at 11123 Happy Acres Lane, according to Hillsborough fire officials. Firefighters received a report that the home was on fire at 6:47 a.m.

When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the single-story home. Concerned that the house might collapse, firefighters fought the blaze from outside. It was quickly brought under control.

The residents were able to escape unharmed. Two of the four family dogs were killed, officials said. The American Red Cross was assisting the displaced residents.

Unattended frying pan sparks Riverview house fire 06/17/14 [Last modified: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:58am]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours