weather unavailableweather unavailable
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Woman escapes early morning fire

DUNEDIN — A 31-year-old woman woke up to the smell of smoke in the middle of the night after she accidentally left her stove on, authorities said.

The woman, who was not identified, was able to get out of the house at 1025 McFarland St. before the arrival of firefighters, who were quickly able to bring the blaze under control, , said Dunedin Fire Chief Bill McElligott.

The fire, which broke out shortly before 4 a.m., was contained to the stove and kitchen cabinets, causing an estimated $2,200 in damages. The home did not have working smoke alarms, McElligott said.

Woman escapes early morning fire 07/19/09 [Last modified: Sunday, July 19, 2009 5:52pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours