Clear74° WeatherClear74° Weather

Woman hospitalized after Clearwater apartment fire

CLEARWATER — A 38-year-old woman was taken to a local hospital after firefighters extinguished an apartment fire at 407 S. Jupiter Ave.

Clearwater firefighters responded to the fire in apartment No. 8 at about 9:31 p.m. and put out the blaze in about 10 minutes, officials said.

Fire fighters later determined a malfunctioning bathroom fan sparked the fire, which caused about $2,000 in damages.

The woman, who was not immediately identified, was not the resident of apartment No. 8 outside the apartment at the time rescue crews arrived, officials said. She was taken to a local hospital to be checked for smoke inhalation.

The resident of the unit where the fire broke out was not home at the time.

Woman hospitalized after Clearwater apartment fire 03/06/12 [Last modified: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:50am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...