Clear69° WeatherClear69° Weather

Woman hospitalized, mobile home destroyed after cigarette ignites oxygen line

A woman was hospitalized early Monday morning after this mobile home caught fire at Paradise Mobile Home Park in Ruskin.

SKIP O’ROURKE | Times

A woman was hospitalized early Monday morning after this mobile home caught fire at Paradise Mobile Home Park in Ruskin.

A woman was hospitalized early Monday after her mobile home caught fire in Ruskin.

The woman was smoking inside her home at the Paradise Mobile Home Park, at 2201 S U.S. 41, when her cigarette ignited an oxygen line, sparking the blaze, fire officials said. She was able to escape as the home went up in flames. She ran to a neighbor's house and called 911.

Firefighters arrived to find the home engulfed in heavy flames and smoke, authorities said. It took 10 minutes to extinguish the blaze.

The woman was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation, officials said. Authorities did not release her identity or condition Monday.

An investigation determined the blaze was accidental.

Woman hospitalized, mobile home destroyed after cigarette ignites oxygen line 07/15/13 [Last modified: Monday, July 15, 2013 7:18pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...