Woman suffers burns in Gulfport house fire

According to Pinellas Fire Rescue officials, a 53-year-old woman was burned Sunday night in a house fire in the 5200 block of Eighth Avenue S in Gulfport. The extent of her injuries was not immediately clear.

Bay News 9

According to Pinellas Fire Rescue officials, a 53-year-old woman was burned Sunday night in a house fire in the 5200 block of Eighth Avenue S in Gulfport. The extent of her injuries was not immediately clear.

GULFPORT — A woman was taken to the hospital after she was burned in an overnight house fire that officials said was ignited by a candle.

The fire began just after 9 p.m. Sunday in a home on the 5200 block of Eighth Avenue S, according to Bay News 9.

It is believed that other people in the house put the fire out.

The extent or nature of the woman's injuries were not immediately clear. She was taken to Tampa General Hospital, Bay News 9 reported.

Fire officials continued to investigate the fire early Monday.

Woman suffers burns in Gulfport house fire 07/11/11 [Last modified: Monday, July 11, 2011 11:46am]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...