GULFPORT — A woman was taken to the hospital after she was burned in an overnight house fire that officials said was ignited by a candle.
The fire began just after 9 p.m. Sunday in a home on the 5200 block of Eighth Avenue S, according to Bay News 9.
It is believed that other people in the house put the fire out.
The extent or nature of the woman's injuries were not immediately clear. She was taken to Tampa General Hospital, Bay News 9 reported.
Fire officials continued to investigate the fire early Monday.