PALM HARBOR — A woman sparked a fire at her condo Friday when she tried to light a cigarette near her oxygen tank, Pinellas sheriff's officials said.
Roxanne Brinley, 52, was treated at Mease Countryside Hospital for injuries that were not thought to be life-threatening.
She managed to get out of her home with her dog and call authorities, who arrived at 2985 Bonaventure Circle No. 204 at about 5:45 p.m.
Authorities say that at one point, Brinley tried to go back into the home for her two cats but was stopped by emergency personnel. It was unclear Friday night if the cats survived. Officials did not provide a damage estimate.