CLEARWATER — About a dozen people were evacuated from their homes in a neighborhood off Drew Street after a natural gas line was broken by a contractor working in the area Tuesday morning, authorities said.
Clearwater Fire and Rescue responded to the scene at 1192 Browns Court after receiving a call around 10:20 a.m.
Eleven people from several nearby duplexes were evacuated for about 20 minutes. No one was injured.
Clearwater Gas capped the gas line and residents were allowed to go back to their homes.