TAMPA — An Olive Garden restaurant was evacuated Monday morning following a natural gas leak at Tampa Palms Boulevard and Palm Pointe Drive.
When Tampa fire crews arrived on the scene, they found a construction worker had been using some heavy machinery to dig and accidentally struck the gas line.
The restaurant was closed while the leak was sealed. Tampa police also assisted in road closures in the area.
It took nearly two hours for the leak to be secure and the restaurant to be reopened.
No injuries were reported.