LARGO — The Albertson's grocery store at Largo Mall was evacuated and closed for about two hours Tuesday morning because of a gas leak at the back of the building.
The store reopened shortly after 11 a.m.
Firefighters had evacuated the building after a tree fell and hit a gas line at the spot where the line comes out of the ground to connect to the meter, said Largo fire Division Chief David Mixson.
The call at 10500 Ulmerton Road came in around 9:15 a.m. No one was injured.
TECO Peoples Gas was able to repair the cracked line, Mixson said.