TAMPA — The area around the Casa Roma Motel on N Nebraska Avenue was evacuated Thursday after a 1-inch natural gas line was broken, Tampa Fire Rescue said.
A natural gas odor was detected Thursday afternoon in the area near the motel at 6500 N Nebraska Ave., but had started to dissipate a little after 4 p.m., Fire Rescue said. The Fire Rescue HAZMAT team patched the line at the motel. Tampa Electric Co. also responded to the scene.
No injuries or illnesses from the gas were reported. N Nebraska Avenue between E Sligh Avenue and E Hanna Avenue was closed while the line was fixed, but reopened just before 4:30 p.m.