She said she saw smoke, and then flames, coming from under the hood.
Muniz was unable to get out of the driver’s side door, so she crawled out of the passenger’s door, said Liz Monforti, public information officer with the Palm Harbor Fire Department.
By the time Muniz got out, the car was fully aflame. She was not injured, and there were no passengers in the car.
At the time of the fire, Muniz was in the process of moving to a new home in Palm Harbor.
An electrical malfunction under the hood caused the fire, said Howard Levinson, a Palm Harbor fire investigator.