Partly Cloudy70° FULL FORECASTPartly Cloudy70° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Pasco toddler airlifted after ingesting grandparents' medicines

MOON LAKE — A 1-year-old boy was flown to All Children's Hospital after overdosing on his grandparents' prescription medicine, according to the Pasco Sheriff's Office.

The boy, whose name was not released, is in stable condition.

Sheriff's spokesman Doug Tobin said it appears as though the baby was able to reach from his crib to a cabinet where the medication was stored. Emergency responders were called shortly after noon today to the grandparents' house on Panama Avenue in Moon Lake Estates.

"At this point, we don't know how much medication" the child ingested, Tobin said.

"It appears to be nothing but a tragic accident at this point," Tobin said. "At the same time, it is a clear reminder to all caregivers to make sure prescriptions and medications are out of reach of infants and young children."

Check back at for updates.

Pasco toddler airlifted after ingesting grandparents' medicines 01/04/11 [Last modified: Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:58pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2015 Tampa Bay Times


Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours