Pinellas County residents are encouraged to drop off old or unwanted prescription pills today as part of the periodic "Operation Medicine Cabinet" program.
Collection bins will be set up at rec centers, police departments and grocery stores throughout the county.
The events, aimed at educating the public about prescription drug abuse, have been going on since 2009. More than 13,000 pounds of medications have been collected in that time.
No needles or biohazard material will be accepted. Here's a list of dropoff points. Local law enforcement personnel will be on site
• St. Petersburg Police Department lobby, 1300 First Ave. N
• Gulfport Senior Center, 5501 27th Ave. S
• St. Pete Beach Rec Center, 7701 Boca Ciega Drive
• Pinellas Park Police Department, 7700 59th St. N
• Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, 10750 Ulmerton Road, Largo
• Westfield Countryside Mall (between LA Fitness & JC Penney), 27001 U.S. 19 N, Clearwater
• Pinellas County Sheriff's Office north district office, 737 Louden Ave., Dunedin