Clear49° WeatherClear49° Weather

Port Richey toddler scalded in soup spill, flown to hospital

PORT RICHEY — A 14-month-old child was flown to Tampa General Hospital with burns Tuesday afternoon after, authorities say, he spilled a hot bowl of soup on himself.

The incident happened at 7213 Commons Boulevard about 3:55 p.m. The child's condition and extent of his injuries were not released. According to Pasco County spokesman Doug Tobin, the burns were mainly to the boy's chest.

No more information was immediately available.

Port Richey toddler scalded in soup spill, flown to hospital 08/05/14 [Last modified: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:42pm]

© 2014 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...