A community open house and party expo featuring invitations, decorations, photography, digital imaging and more from 2:30 to 4:40 p.m. Sunday at Congregation Beth Shalom, 1325 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Activities and workshops for all ages include a Bounce House, drum circle, shofar blowing workshop, arts and crafts and refreshments. Free and all are welcome. Call (727) 531-1418 or visit www.mycbsfamily.org.
First Baptist Church Ozona-Palm Harbor, 610 Pennsylvania Ave., Ozona. Call (727) 784-3711 or visit www.fbcozona.com.
• In Touch meets at 10 a.m. second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Contacts shut-ins and corresponds with military personnel.
Parbawatiya Buddhist Center, 201 Sixth Ave. S, Safety Harbor. Call (727) 797-9770 or visit www.meditationinflorida.org.
• A special program on meditation, "Rejoicing in Good Fortune - Taking Jealousy and Competitiveness Out of Relationships," from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at the center. Cost includes a vegetarian lunch and is $35; $20 for students and those on limited income.
Holy Apostles Catholic Charismatic Church, 1605 Pinehurst Road, Dunedin. Call (727) 734-2035.
• Prayer meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, except second Tuesday of the month.
• Healing service at 7 p.m. second Tuesday of the month.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, 210 Turner St., Clearwater. Call (727) 446-2079.
• The topic is "Mind" at the 10:30 a.m. Sunday service.
• Wednesday testimony meeting at 7:30 p.m.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, 46 W Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Tarpon Springs. Call (727) 937-8379 or visit www.christianscienceintarponsprings.org.
• Wednesday testimony meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Dockside Community Church, 1218 New York Ave., Dunedin. Call (727) 733-2480 or visit www.docksidecommunitychurch.com.
• Family friendly professional wrestling first Friday each month. Bell time 7:30 p.m. Free. Food and beverages available.
Lakeside Community Chapel, 1893 Sunset Point Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 441-1714.
• Insight for Women nondenominational Bible study will focus on the book of Genesis. Opening coffee is 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday.
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, 3200 McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 784-5596.
• Celebrate Youth Sunday will feature a continental breakfast at 9 a.m. and a youth inspired program with music by the Spirit Lifters at the 10 a.m. service, followed by Sunday School registration.
Congregation Beth Shalom, 1325 S Belcher Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-1418 or visit www.mycbsfamily.org.
• The Book of Genesis from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. Tuesdays with Rabbi Moch.
Temple Ahavat Shalom, 1575 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor. Call (727) 785-8811 or visit www.ahavatshalom.org.
• Jewish Literacy class at 11 a.m. Tuesdays led by Rabbi Gary Klein.
Bethel Lutheran Church, 3166 N McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 799-3010 or visit www.bethellc.com.
• Moms ministry 9:30 a.m. first and third Thursdays each month.
First United Methodist Church of Clearwater, 411 Turner St., Clearwater. Call (727) 446-5955 or visit www.fumc-clw.com
• Dr. Sharon Patch will address "Who Am I" at the 8:30, 9:15 and 11 a.m. Sunday services.
Friendship United Methodist Church, 2039 Druid Road E , Clearwater. Call (727) 447-1822.
• Pastor Herbert Lange's sermon will address "The First Christian Layman" at the 9:45 a.m. Sunday worship service.
• If you like to sing, join the Summer Choir. Rehearsals are at 9:15 a.m. on Sundays. No experience required.
• A Rummage Sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 30 in Hodnett Hall. Proceeds benefit the youth group's fall activities and project.
Mount Moriah AME Church, 722 S Disston Ave., Tarpon Springs. Call (727) 938-0873.
• A free meal to anyone in need from 4 to 5 p.m. every Sunday. Volunteers should arrive by 2:30 p.m.
Skycrest United Methodist Church, 2045 Drew St., Clearwater. Call (727) 446-2218 or visit www.skycrest.net.
• Rev. Fred Ball will share his thoughts regarding 150 years of Methodism in Clearwater and Pinellas County at 7 p.m. today. The program is part of a three-day revival on "Reclaiming Christ for Our City."
• Rich Mason will present his beliefs about revival and his hopes for the future of the church at the 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday worship services.
Union Street United Methodist Church and Hispanic Mission, 1625 Union St., Clearwater. Call (727) 442-9300 or visit www.unionstreetchurch.org.
• Hispanic worship services at 6 p.m. Sundays with Pastor Nancy Mayeux.
• Rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. today.
Dunedin Assembly of God, 885 Lake Haven Road, Dunedin. Call (727) 733-7205.
• Free lunch every second Sunday each month following the 10:30 a.m. service. Public invited.
Pentecostal Lighthouse Church, 2801 County Road 1, Dunedin. Call (727) 787-1222.
• Food pantry 5 to 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month. Photo ID and Social Security card required.
First Presbyterian Church of Dunedin, 455 Scotland St. Call (727) 733-2318 or visit www.fpcdunedin.org.
• Worship Cafe at 9:30 a.m. Sundays. Bagels and coffee provided.
First Presbyterian Church of Safety Harbor, 255 Fifth Ave. S, Safety Harbor. Call (727) 726-2014 or visit www.fpcsafetyharbor.org.
• Pastor Joan R. Hill's sermon will be on "You Were Created to Become Like Christ" at the 9 and 10:30 a.m. Sunday services.
Northwood Presbyterian Church, 2875 State Road 580, Clearwater. Call (727) 796-8090 or visit www.northwoodpc.org.
• Ginny Simmons Ellis will present "Speak for Yourself" at the 8:15, 9:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday services. Nursery available.
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 705 Michigan Blvd., Dunedin. Call (727) 734-5493 or visit www.sapcd.org.
• "Sermons From the Saints" series continues with "David" at the 9:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday services.
Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2001 Rainbow Drive, Clearwater. Call (727) 446-6210 or visit www.trinityclearwater.org.
• Rev. Mike McDowell's sermon will be on "Money Talks" at the 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday worship services.
• Christian recording artist Dave Boyer in a concert of "Big Band and Inspirational Favorites" at 6 p.m. Sept. 7.
Spirit of Life Unitarian Universalists, 18412 Burrell Road, Odessa. Call (813) 792-1622 or visit www.spiritoflifeuu.org.
• Guest speaker Roy Sniffen, a former journalist and ordained minister, will present "The Case For Coexistence" at the 11 a.m. Sunday service.
• Registration for youth programs begins Sunday.
Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater, 2470 Nursery Road. Call (727) 531-7704 or visit www.uuclearwater.org.
• Dr. Casey Blood, a Rutgers University professor emeritus of physics, will discuss "The Courage to Act With Integrity and the Wisdom to Profit From It" at the 9:30 a.m. Sunday Open Issues program.
• Elly Kelly Baker's message will be on "Finding Your Inner Freedom" at the 10:30 a.m. Sunday service.
• A free film, No End in Sight, at 7 p.m. Aug. 29 examines the manner in which errors of U.S. policy largely created the insurgency and chaos that engulf Iraq today.
Unity Church of Clearwater, 2465 Nursery Road, Clearwater. Call (727) 531-0992 or visit www.unityofclearwater.org.
• Guest speaker Carole Mullins will discuss "Blissful Expectation" at the 9:30 and 11 a.m. Sunday services.
Unity Community Church, 1315 Bayshore Blvd., Dunedin. Call (727) 734-0635 or visit www.unitydunedin.org.
• Spiritual leader Elsie Huebner will give a sermon on "How Would You Change Your Life If You Could?" at the 10 a.m. Sunday service.
• A course in miracles 10 to 11:30 a.m. Fridays.
• Healing Center: By appointment. Participants are trained in the Pilgrimage integrative healing process.
Send religion news to Chris Cosdon by mail to 710 Court St., Clearwater, Fl 33756, by fax to (727) 445-4119 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Editor's Note: We welcome news of special events and speakers featured at communities of faith throughout North Pinellas. We will list services only with the name of the speaker, time, date and title or topic of the sermon or message.