Tropical Storm Debby has closed major roads and some programs, but other offices are open.
In Shore Acres, a low-lying area in northeast St. Petersburg, most streets were under 2 to 3 feet of water Monday morning. In many places, coffee-colored water inched perilously close to garage and front doors.
Pinellas County courts are open today, though many employees had a hard time making it in. A circuit judge who was answering the phone for his missing secretary told one caller that the courts took heavy flak last year for closing although a threatened storm never materialized.
The road closures include:
• Sunshine Skyway bridge
• County Road 95 in north Pinellas County is impassable due to flooding.
• Walsingham Road at Hamlin Boulevard in Largo — westbound lanes closed.
• Bayshore Boulevard in Tampa.
• Southbound exit at 54th Street from I-275 in St. Petersburg.
• Hillsborough Avenue from Hanley Road to Sawyer Road, Tampa.
• County Road 95 east of U.S. 19, Palm Harbor.
• Memorial Highway from George Road to Dana Shores Drive
• Traffic restricted on Old Coachman Road, Clearwater.
• Enterprise Road between Village Drive and Frisco Drive, Clearwater, is closed due to flooding.
• Traffic restricted at the intersection of Chestnut Street and S Fort Harrison Avenue in Clearwater.
• Other roads closed in Clearwater: Smallwood Circle, Glenwood and Rosewood avenues and Rosemere Drive.
• Roberts Road in the Cypress Lakes Industrial Park, Oldsmar.
• Spring Hill Drive, west of U.S. 51, south of Brooksville.
• Powell Road, east of U.S. 41, south of Brooksville.
• Wiscon Road, west of U.S. 41, south of Brooksville.