Monday, April 23, 2018
Tampa Bay Weather

Saturated Tampa Bay area to get even more rain

The Tampa Bay area, already saturated by several bands of thunderstorms that crossed it this weekend, should expect much more of the same today.

There is a 90 percent chance of rain, said Bay News 9 meteorologist Brian McClure, who expects periodic heavy rains and high winds throughout the day.

A tropical wave moving north has sent rounds of thunderstorms through the region since Saturday.

"Yesterday we had a round, today we had a round, and we expect another round tomorrow," McClure said Sunday night.

The storms shouldn't be as severe as ones that hit Saturday night, McClure said, but flooding is possible, particularly in some Pasco County spots still recovering from last month's Tropical Storm Debby.

The weather is expected to improve as the week wears on.

There is a 60 percent chance of rain Tuesday, McClure said, followed by 40 percent Wednesday.

Comments
Scattered showers, thunderstorms kick off muggy week across Tampa Bay

Scattered showers, thunderstorms kick off muggy week across Tampa Bay

A large, disturbed weather system could drop thunderstorms and scattered showers across Tampa Bay. This is the same system that has caused water spouts and tornadoes to touch down around the Fort Walton Beach area in the Florida panhandle.This storm...
Published: 04/23/18
Forecast: Scattered showers could dampen weekend plans across Tampa Bay

Forecast: Scattered showers could dampen weekend plans across Tampa Bay

Scattered showers and thunderstorms could pester Tampa Bay throughout the weekend, culminating in a peak chance of rain early next week.A small cold front will meander over the bay area by Friday afternoon but should have little affect on the area, t...
Published: 04/20/18
Forecast: Clear skies for Tampa Bay lead to a hot, humid and rainy weekend

Forecast: Clear skies for Tampa Bay lead to a hot, humid and rainy weekend

Expect warm weather, clear skies and a slight increase in humidity across Tampa Bay in the next few days, before an incoming cold front raises the chance for rain.Temperatures this morning are in the low 60s with a little bit of damp air. The dry air...
Published: 04/19/18
Forecast: Warm weather continues for Tampa Bay, but humidity and clouds are returning

Forecast: Warm weather continues for Tampa Bay, but humidity and clouds are returning

The temporary cool weather has come to an end as temperatures rise back up to the lower 80s by Wednesday afternoon. Morning commuters can expect temperatures in the upper 50s throughout most of Tampa Bay, according to the National Weather Service. Bu...
Published: 04/18/18
Dreaded ‘cone of uncertainty’ will shrink for the coming hurricane season

Dreaded ‘cone of uncertainty’ will shrink for the coming hurricane season

The National Hurricane Center plans to shrink the dreaded "cone of uncertainty" during the upcoming season based on an improving forecast record.The Miami-based center made the announcement Monday, along with a series of other changes intended to imp...
Published: 04/17/18
Forecast: Clear skies, abundant sunshine ahead for Tampa Bay

Forecast: Clear skies, abundant sunshine ahead for Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay will be warming up today and by the afternoon clear skies and sunshine promise ideal conditions without an abundance of humidity.But Tuesday morning started a little chilly with temperatures in upper 50s before sunrise. By afternoon, temper...
Published: 04/17/18
Forecast: Cool and windy, a day after tornado touches down in St. Petersburg

Forecast: Cool and windy, a day after tornado touches down in St. Petersburg

TAMPA — Now that Sunday’s powerful front — which actually spawned a tornado and several reported waterspouts — has moved out of Tampa Bay, the start of the work week brings sunny skies, but much cooler temperatures.This comes a day after the front ge...
Published: 04/16/18
Forecast: Tornado watch expanded to all counties in Tampa Bay

Forecast: Tornado watch expanded to all counties in Tampa Bay

ST. PETERSBURG — A tornado watch is in effect in every county surrounding Tampa Bay, and the region can expect thunderstorms and strong winds Sunday, which could make water activities dangerous.With a high of 83 degrees, the morning should be cloudy ...
Published: 04/15/18
Forecast: Warm, pleasant weekend for Tampa Bay before severe storms arrive Sunday

Forecast: Warm, pleasant weekend for Tampa Bay before severe storms arrive Sunday

The Tampa Bay area’s recent run of abundant sunshine and clear skies will extend into the weekend, but it will come to a screeching halt when severe weather sweeps in on Sunday morning.The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm war...
Published: 04/13/18
Hurricane names Harvey, Irma, Maria and Nate being retired

Hurricane names Harvey, Irma, Maria and Nate being retired

MIAMI — The names of four deadly hurricanes that slammed parts of the United States, Central America and the Caribbean last year are being retired.The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Thursday that hurricane names Harvey, Irm...
Published: 04/12/18