Make us your home page
Instagram

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Weather: A little something for everyone in this week's forecast

Rain, wind, sunshine, high temperatures — this week will have a little something for everyone.

Monday will be warm and windy, with about a 20 percent chance of showers, Bay News 9 meteorologist Juli Marquez said. The high Monday will be in the low 80s, but Tuesday will be about 10 degrees warmer and will bring an 80 percent chance of rain.

"There could be some strong storms that contain some strong wind gusts as they come through Tampa Bay," Marquez said.

Those storms will move through ahead of a cold front, and by Wednesday temperatures will drop several degrees. Strong winds will continue through that day as well, and overnight lows could be in the 40s in some northern areas Wednesday night.

But by Thursday, skies will clear and temperatures will jump back up into the mid 70s. Friday will be even warmer.

"Just in time for the weekend, a lot of us will be back up around 80," Marquez said.

Here's a list of predicted highs and lows from around the country this week:

Chicago: low 34 degrees, high 65 degrees.

New York: low 37 degrees, high 65 degrees.

Phoenix: low 59 degrees, high 96 degrees.

Seattle: low 43 degrees, high 68 degrees.

Dallas: low 48 degrees, high 79 degrees.

Weather: A little something for everyone in this week's forecast 04/07/14 [Last modified: Monday, April 7, 2014 12:10pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2017 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...
  1. Helicopter, small aircraft collide at Clearwater Air Park

    News

    CLEARWATER — Two people suffered minor injuries after a helicopter and a small aircraft collided late Saturday afternoon at Clearwater Air Park, 1000 N Hercules Ave.

    Clearwater Fire Department emergency personal douse a plane with fire retardant after the plane crashed into a helicopter at Clearwater Air Park 1000 N Hercules Ave. Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017. According to Clearwater Fire two people sustained minor injuries. [Photo by Clearwater Fire Department]
  2. 4-year-old girl, man injured in Clearwater Beach boating crash

    Briefs

    A 4-year-old girl was airlifted with serious injuries after a personal watercraft she was riding on collided with a boat in the Intracoastal Waterway near Clearwater Beach just before 5 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

  3. Hernando Sheriff's Office identifies bank robber killed after chase, places 7 deputies on administrative leave

    Crime

    Authorities have identified a bank robbery suspect fatally shot by Hernando County sheriff's deputies after a wild chase Friday in which the fleeing suspect rammed several patrol cars in Brooksville.

    Scott Michael Chamberlain, 44, died after a deputy-involved shooting Friday. The Hernando County Sheriff's Office said that Chamberlaine attempted to rob a bank before taking deputies on a pursuit. (Florida Department of Corrections)
  4. No. 12 FSU, freshman QB James Blackman struggle in 27-21 loss to N.C. State

    College

    TALLAHASSEE — Whatever was left of No. 12 Florida State's College Football Playoff hopes suffered a massive, likely fatal, blow Saturday at Doak Campbell Stadium.

    Florida State Seminoles wide receiver Nyqwan Murray (8) carries during the first quarter of the Florida State Seminoles game against the North Carolina State Wolfpack on September 23, 2017, at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Fla.  At the half, North Carolina State Wolfpack 17, Florida State Seminoles 10.
  5. Trump tells Warriors star Stephen Curry that White House visit is off

    Nba

    SOMERSET, N.J. — Stephen Curry and President Donald Trump agree on one thing: The Golden State star is not going to the White House anytime soon.

    Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry poses for photos during NBA basketball team media day Friday, Sept. 22, 2017, in Oakland, Calif. [Associated Press]