After some patchy fog this morning, today should be sunny and windy with highs in the mid to upper 80s, according to 10Weather WTSP. A cold front Saturday brings some rain into the mix, but it should dissipate by the afternoon. And Sunday should give us a break from recent humidity, with sunny skies and highs in the mid 70s.
• Cash sales of expensive homes have come under scrutiny in New York City and Miami as authorities suspect people are using them to park ill-gotten cash. With some recent high-profile cash purchases of million dollar homes in Tampa Bay, real estate reporter is there much of that happening here? Read real estate reporter Susan Taylor Martin's full report this morning at tampabay.com/money.
• Tourism records have been shattered left in right in Tampa Bay and Florida, but something has some tourism officials worried: Donald Trump. Tourism boosters are hearing from foreign travel agencies that some international travelers will be be scared away from the U.S. if Trump keeps gaining momentum in the presidential race. Read about the issue this morning at tampabay.com/money.
• You've seen Chris Archer broadcasting postseason baseball games, chatting up the president and his wife in Cuba and even pitching for the Rays. How Archer is becoming one of the faces of baseball this morning at tampabay.com/sports.
• It's time to plan your weekend. From the Rays home opener to a celebrity-studded film festival to a teen violin virtuoso, check out our Weekend Planner page to narrow your choices.
• Her broadcasting career includes covering the Billboard Latin Music Awards and toiling through Hurricane Ike, but after a 14-year hiatus, Cristina Puig never imagined she would head up Tampa Bay's most-watched Spanish news program..