There's about a 50 percent chance of rain today as a cold front approaches, according to 10Weather WTSP. A few thunderstorms are possible. The rain won't hang around too long, though, clearing up Saturday afternoon and paving the way for a beautiful, sunny Sunday.
• Ted Cruz has prevented Donald Trump from wrapping up the GOP nomination and stands, improbably, as the last hope of a GOP establishment that openly loathes the brash, theatrical Texan. Times Washington Bureau Chief Alex Leary will have more on Cruz's hunt for the nomination today on tampabay.com.
• Prince seemed as immortal as his music, writes our pop music critic Jay Cridlin, who grapples with the pop icon's death in a piece that mourns the loss of a "violet-hued, sexually electrified supernova." Here, another critic looks back at his five most memorable albums.
• Dressed in gold robes and wearing a tiny crown, she is only about 3 feet tall. But Our Mother of Monserrate, a statue of the Virgin Mary that survived when the basilica that bears her name came crashing down in a major earthquake, has become a beacon of hope in Ecuador.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including a performance by humorist David Sedaris and downtown Tampa's new Fourth Friday party along the Riverwalk.
• With the weekend ahead, check out our Weekend Planner page for ideas. There's a Bloody Mary Festival and a Grilled Cheese Festival to consider, not to mention art, music and five things to do under $5.