Rain is in the forecast through the weekend, with scattered storms, some of them strong, expected to move through the area today, according to 10Weather WTSP. The front that is causing them should stall out to the north of us, keeping temperatures from dipping much.
• Tampa socialite Jill Kelley is abandoning her lawsuit against the federal government over leaks in the investigation that led to the resignation of former CIA director David Petraeus. The move comes one week after lawyers for Jill Kelley had asked to withdraw from the case, citing irreconcilable differences. Kelley and her husband, Scott, sued the federal government in 2013. They alleged that federal officials violated the U.S. Privacy Act by disclosing information about them during the FBI's investigation of Petraeus, who resigned as CIA director in November 2012.
• Would you ever buy a bed, a sofa, a car — or even a house — online? Of course not, right? You want to test the sofa to see if it's lumpy, get behind the wheel of the car and certainly step inside a home you may buy. But believe it or not, business writer Justine Griffin finds that more people are buying these big-ticket items online.
• U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown, D-Jacksonville, goes before a panel of three federal judges at 9 a.m. to argue that the Florida Supreme Court ordered her district to be redrawn in a way that violated the federal Voting Rights Act. Follow tampabay.com/politics for the latest.
• Government number crunchers are playing catch-up. That's why, for the second time in less than two weeks, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity will release monthly employment numbers. Find out the unemployment rate for February and where jobs were added and lost at 10 a.m. at tampabay.com/money
• Mary Hertzel lost 187 pounds working out faithfully for the last year at Anytime Fitness in Riverview. Her efforts had one unexpected effect: her dentures no longer fit from the weight loss in her face. The gym's owner sprang into action, raising funds to give Mary a new smile. Staff writer Chelsea Tatham has the sweet story this morning.
• Today's top things to do around Tampa Bay include a free show in downtown Clearwater by the Atlanta Rhythm Section for its Blast Friday block party, Tampa Pride kickoff parties and an interactive public art installation on a Sulphur Springs playground.
• If you wear a toga to Little Greek restaurants today, you get free food. That's just one of our 5 best things to do under $5 this week.