There should be some sun in the morning, but that may give way to increasing cloud cover in the afternoon, according to WTSP 10Weather, though not much likelihood of rain. Expect highs in the upper 80s. Ditto for the rest of the weekend.
• How many jobs is Florida creating this fall? Which industries are soaring and which are slumping? Will unemployment continue to fall? Gov. Rick Scott may offer on some answers when he releases Florida's jobs report for September at 10 a.m. during an event in Lakeland. Keep up with the latest numbers at tampabay.com/breaking.
• What young St. Petersburg company received $1.2 million in venture capital commitments — one of the few companies in the Tampa Bay metro area gaining VC financing in the third quarter of this year? Check tampabay.com/money this morning to find out.
• Here are the top things to do today: It's an upside-down world with the Florida Orchestra rocking Led Zeppelin and buff magicians who have nothing up their sleeves at the Straz Center … because they are naked.
• With a big weekend ahead, here's a quick look at all the goings-on, including the Clearwater Jazz Holiday (with Buddy Guy tonight, Sheryl Crow and Avett Bros.), a Silence of the Lambs parody, a huge free science festival for the family and lot of suds at beer festivals.
• Don't just pretend to know what your millennial co-workers are talking about. Our Water Cooler feature wraps up its first week on our pop culture blog the Feed, following reports on face jewelry and standing desks — and why "Netflix and chill" doesn't mean what you think — with with news on cosmetics: the advent of makeup manufactured specifically for Instagram selfies.