You can expect partly cloudy skies today and highs in the mid 90s in some areas, according to 10Weather WTSP.
• If you're going to vote in the Aug. 30 primary, read our Know Your Candidates 2016 Election Guide. It's a handy, brief summary on more than 100 state and local candidates — in their own words — that will help make you a more informed voter.
• In a look at the Art of Politics, our arts critics look at how the rhetoric and endless slog of information get to us — really get to our hearts and minds. Like the origins of red and blue as political colors to the way Twitter has become the new water cooler these days. Check out the many ways film, books and fashion can influence the electorate.
• As a big conference for grocery stores, restaurants and other retailers heats up in Orlando this week, see what a retail insider has to say about the scene in Florida, especially in the increasingly hot and competitive grocery segment. The Q&A with business reporter Justine Griffin is online this morning at tampabay.com/money.
• President Barack Obama is back in Washington after a 16-day getaway to Martha's Vineyard, Mass., with his wife, Michelle, daughters Malia and Sasha, and their dogs. He can expect a busy fall season of campaigning for Hillary Clinton and more battles with Congress over Zika funding, the federal budget and $400 million the administration paid Iran this year for the never-completed sale of military equipment.
• Secretary of State John Kerry is in Kenya for talks on countering terrorism in East Africa, including dealing with the Islamic extremist group al-Shabab in Somalia. The group claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing on Sunday that killed at least 20 people.
• Plan your week! Here are the top things to do this week around Tampa Bay, including superstar Drake in a sold-out show at Amalie Arena and the Oddball Comedy Festival bringing Gabriel Iglesias, Hannibal Buress, Iliza Shlesinger and other comedy favorites to Tampa.
• There only four days left to play in 1.2 million balls set up in an all-white beach setting in Amalie Arena. Though online tickets have been snapped up, you can still get free walk-up tickets each day. Read our tips.