It'll be a mild morning with temperatures in the upper 50s and low 60s. It may drizzle later on, according to 10Weather WTSP, but don't expect too much rain. Tuesday looks to be warm, too, and hotter.
• After months of nonstop campaigning, the first votes of the 2016 primary election will be cast today in Iowa's caucuses. Times Washington bureau chief Alex Leary is on the ground following all the action for the Republicans and Democrats. Follow live updates from the voting on our live blog.
• The World Health Organization has begun a crisis meeting considering whether the explosive spread of the mosquito-borne Zika virus — linked to birth defects in the Americas — should be declared a global health emergency. WHO spokesman Christian Lindmeier says the teleconference meeting of experts will consider whether international efforts to fight the outbreak should be immediately ramped up. WHO last declared an emergency over the 2014 Ebola outbreak.
• A spokeswoman for U.N. envoy Staffan de Mistura says indirect talks between the Syrian government and the opposition are likely to be delayed. Khawla Mattar did not elaborate, saying only that the U.N.-sponsored talks are unlikely to begin today.
• What do body cameras, pay raises, prisons and Uber have in common? All are on the agenda today as state lawmakers begin their fourth week of session. Secretary Julie Jones of the Department of Corrections faces a confirmation hearing in the Senate Criminal Justice Committee; a House subcommittee will consider preventing local regulations over ridesharing companies like Uber; the Senate Criminal Justice Committee will consider requiring local police and sheriff agencies that use body cameras to make data-storing policies; and Sen. Arthenia Joyner, D-Tampa, is floating her proposal to give state workers a 3 percent raise. Keep up with all the action at tampabay.com/politics.
• Plan your week: Here are the top things to do this week, including the return of the Florida State Fair, Monster Jam and the Renaissance Festival. Looks like deep-fried Twinkies and giant smoked turkey legs are back on our must-do list.
• What's the difference between a red-shouldered hawk and a red-tailed hawk? That's always been a tricky one for outdoors editor Terry Tomalin. With Raptor Fest coming to St. Petersburg's Boyd Hill Nature Park, he tries to sort it all out this morning at tampabay.com/outdoors.