Rain is likely to be a factor here and there for this morning's commuters as scattered showers drift across much of the bay region, but the precipitation should start decreasing this afternoon, according to 10Weather WTSP forecasters. Skies will be mostly cloudy with a high of 81 degrees.
• A suicide blast claimed by Islamist militants ripped through crowds of families celebrating Easter at a park in the city of Lahore on Sunday, killing at least 65 people and injuring an additional 300 in an attack the jihadists said had deliberately targeted Christians. Many children were among the dead, local officials said. A spokesman for the Jamaat-ul-Ahrar militant group, which is an offshoot of the Pakistani Taliban, asserted responsibility in a telephone interview on Sunday. "It was our people who attacked the Christians in Lahore, celebrating Easter," the spokesman, Ahsanullah Ahsan, said. "It's our message to the government that we will carry out such attacks again until sharia (Islamic law) is imposed in the country."
• Here's what we know so far about this weekend's shooting in Tampa that left a police officer hurt and two suspects dead.
• Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken joins city of Tampa officials for a ribbon-cutting to unveil the Sulphur Springs Youth Development Park.
• You know what time it is: The Easter egg roll at the White House. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama hosts the 138th annual roll, which will include the first-ever White House Fun Run.
• President Barack Obama, who has expressed concerns that the media have played a role in the partisan rancor and political polarization that he says has worsened during his tenure, gets to make a formal critique of news coverage when he speaks at the Toner Prize dinner in Washington, honoring the year's best political reporting. Check tampabay.com back for coverage.
• Plan your week: the Gasparilla film fest brings Rita Moreno to town, film legend Sophia Loren sits down for a talk about her career, comedian Kathy Griffin returns to poke fun at Clearwater's Scientologists and the Rays have their home opener.