After a break in the usual summer weather pattern, we're back to normal, according to 10Weather WTSP. That means afternoon storms and highs around 90 degrees.
• U.S. Senate candidate Alan Grayson will meet with Tampa and St. Petersburg Democratic activists Thursday afternoon and host a town hall in the evening on gun reform, the economy and any topic voters wish to discuss. The town hall is 6:30 p.m. in the Seminole Heights Library, 4711 N. Central Ave. in Tampa.
• Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri will present his countywide diversion program plan to St. Petersburg City Council at 8 a.m. The initiative will help adults who commit low-level crimes avoid a criminal record that could make it difficult to later find a job or housing. Every city in Pinellas is on board but St. Petersburg, which will make its decision after hearing the sheriff's proposal. Follow Laura Morel on Twitter (@lauracmorel).
• The Gawker trial reconvenes in a St. Petersburg courtroom at 3:30 p.m. Former Gawker editor A.J. Daulerio will be asked to explain why his few assets shouldn't be used to satisfy the massive $140.1 million award won by Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea against the website and founder Nick Denton in March. Bollea sued Gawker after it posted a sex tape of the wrestler in 2012. Follow Claire McNeill on Twitter (@clairemcneill) for updates.
• Fans and friends will gather at the Mahaffey Theater for the memorial service today for WQYK's Dave McKay. There's been an enormous outpouring of condolences from the community as well as from country artists like Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley and Jennifer Nettles.
• Look up in the sky. Tonight and Friday are said to be the peak times to view this summer's annual Perseid meteor shower, and NASA predicts almost twice as many meteors this year — more than 100 per hour. But there's a catch: You need to find a place without too much light pollution and view it in the wee hours of the morning.
• Join our weekly photo challenge on Instagram. Each week, our photo editor provides a theme and asks you to share your best image inspired by the theme to your Instagram account. This week's theme is #Faces. To play along, you should include the hashtag #TBTimesGram + #Faces. We'll feature your photos on tampabay.com and on our All Eyes blog.
• Freefall Theatre closes out its season by re-imagining Pirates of Penzance in space. Our performing arts critic checked out the show playing tonight through Sept. 4 and found a concept that feels like a giant leap for mankind.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including a stop by the huge Christian rock Outcry Tour led by Hillsong Worship.