Watch for intense thunderstorms later today, especially during the evening commute. We'll have the latest weather reports throughout the day.
• Hillary Clinton's campaign will open a Tampa office today. Expected to attend the opening at 2209 E Seventh Ave. are State Senate Minority Leader Arthenia Joyner and state Rep. Janet Cruz.
• The statewide Teacher of the Year will be announced tonight, and a Pasco County teacher is among the finalists. Tampa Bay Times education reporter Jeffrey S. Solochek will have the latest later this evening. Follow him on Twitter at @JeffSolochek.
• A community forum with clergy, police and elected officials will be held at 7 p.m. at Beulah Baptist Institutional Church in Tampa. The forum comes in response to recent shootings involving police officers in Baton Rouge, Minnesota, and Dallas.
• The new president of the Florida Bar, William J. Schifino Jr., has plenty to keep him occupied in the coming year as the legal profession goes through profound changes wrought by technology, once-swollen law school enrollments and the public's demand for accessible, affordable legal services. A Tampa native who has a bachelor's degree from Tulane and a law degree from the University of Florida, Schifino sat down with us to discuss some of those issues.
• Several months after taking over some Verizon services in the Tampa Bay area, Frontier Communications has seen the number of complaints filed against it with state officials drop. But some business owners and residents still report multiple outages and poor customer service.
• Hollywood's 2016-17 award season officially begins this morning when the Television Academy announces the 68th annual Primetime Emmy nominations at 11:30 a.m. Check out The Feed, our TV and entertainment blog, for updates and commentary on the nominations.
• It's time to plan your weekend! Our writers and critics have some best bets on our weekend planner page, including the return of the Mud Wars, a nostalgia-soaked concert of boy bands and 5 things to do under $5.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay.