Today looks like it'll be the hottest day this week, 10Weather WTSP says, with highs in the mid 90s and feels-like temperatures ranging from 105 to 112 degrees. Again, look out for afternoon storms.
• The Democratic National Convention wraps up in Philadelphia with Hillary Clinton's primetime speech. Some Bernie Sanders supporters are expected to protest. Keep up with all of the action at tampabay.com/politics.
• St. Petersburg Housing Authority CEO Tony Love is set to address the City Council at 10 a.m. to discuss the situation at Jordan Park, which is suffering from rats and other livability issues despite being built just 15 years ago. Follow Waveney Ann Moore on Twitter (@wmooretimes) for updates.
• The congregation is so divided at Ruskin Church of Christ that one side has changed the locks to keep the other side out. A lawsuit pits one religious leader and his flock against another religious leader and hers. At issue is just who speaks for the church — and who holds the title to the property. We'll have more later today.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including stars of the Lifetime series, Miss D and her Dancing Dolls on stage.
• Time to plan your weekend! See what our critics and writers picked as their top choices for music, stage, art and family fun on our Weekend Planner page, including Pitbull on stage, the last weekend of a fascinating photo exhibit and a Naked Magic Show.
• In case you missed it, St. Petersburg now has two restaurants devoted specifically to grilled cheese sandwiches as Central Melt quietly opened for business last week.