• It should get windier around Tampa Bay as the day progresses, according to 10Weather WTSP, as Hurricane Matthew makes its way up Florida east coast as predicted. Expect bands of rain that increase into the evening.
• The Tampa Bay area is under a tropical storm watch because of the hurricane. Do you believe the storm could pull a loopty-loop in the Atlantic after strafing the coast then come back for seconds in Florida? Some models say it could. For that and all the latest news on Matthew, follow our live blog.
• As you head out for your morning commute, check out our live blog for the latest traffic updates and road conditions across Tampa Bay.
• U.S. Rep. David Jolly, the incumbent Republican running in the 13th Congressional District, will appear with Democratic opponent Charlie Crist in front of the Suncoast Tiger Bay club from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. They'll take questions from the audience and undoubtedly attach each other like they did the last time they debated. Before the session, however, Jolly will hold a news conference at 10:30 a.m. Follow Mark Puente at @MarkPuente for updates on the news conference and appearance.
• The St. Petersburg sewage crisis may be one of the topics discussed at an 8:30 a.m. meeting at City Hall. Mayor Rick Kriseman and the City Council could discuss a streamlined fix to the city's sewer woes. They also hope to hear from a Tampa consulting firm, Brown and Caldwell, which drafted a 2014 report that predicted the city's Hurricane Hermine-fueled sewage overflow if the city shut down the Albert Whitted sewage plant. Follow Charlie Frago at @CharlieFrago for updates.
• The Tampa City Council today is scheduled to consider paying $42,500 to settle a lawsuit filed by a woman who says a Tampa police officer broke her arm during an arrest in 2012. Melanie Brooke Levy, 43, was arrested outside an Applebee's restaurant on W Hillsborough Avenue, according to court and police records. Follow reporter Richard Danielson on Twitter @Danielson_Timesfor updates.
• Follow business reporter Justine Griffin on Twitter @SunBizGriffinfor updates from the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority meeting beginning at 9 a.m.
• Country power couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are coming to Tampa. We have that and more music news and concert reviews on our Soundcheck blog today.
• Here are the top things to do today in Tampa Bay.