After a pleasant string of cooler days, the dewpoint is beginning to creep back up, according to WTSP 10Weather. That means warmer evenings, a few showers and highs in the upper 80s.
• At 9 a.m., the Senate transportation committee will tackle what some call an "epidemic" of more than 1.5 million Floridians who've had their driver's licenses suspended for non-driving-related infractions. Among those infractions: Drivers didn't pay traffic fines, fell behind on child support payments and they said they'd go to traffic school and didn't. Follow @SteveBousquet for developments.
• Also at 9 a.m., the Senate rules committee will "review and evaluate" the state Senate seal, which currently includes the Confederate flag. Follow @ByKristenMClark for news.
• Check out tampabay.com/bucs, where you can make your picks for this week's NFL games and listen to the latest Cannon Fodder podcast. Look for beat writer Greg Auman's live chat at 10:30 a.m.
• The Lightning opens its season at 7:30 tonight against Philadelphia. Head to tampabay.com/lightning, where you can view the latest coverage, watch our Meet the Lightning video series and follow the action with beat writer Joe Smith's tweets and Dirk Shadd's photos at tbtim.es/lightninglive.
• Go ahead and pretend to work today when you're really just planning your weekend. Our critics have picked out the best date night ideas, family getaways and must-see concerts for the hot days ahead.
• Did you know the voice of the parrot in Disney's Aladdin is one of the filthiest comics in the business? See for yourself at Gilbert Gottfried's shows this weekend. Plus, more of the top things to do today.