Today's highs will top out around 92 degrees, according to 10Weather WTSP, as heat indices remain stubbornly high. As usual, there's about a 30 percent chance of rain.
• In yet another chapter of rideshare versus government, a rules committee of the Public Transportation Committee will this morning consider new rules for regulation of rideshare firms in Hillsborough County. The rules, proposed by a new Tampa rideshare firm, are opposed by both Uber and Lyft. The rules committee is not obligated to vote on the proposal. Follow Chris O'Donnell on Twitter (@codonnell_Times) for updates on this story.
• The Hillsborough County School Board will meet at 3 p.m., with a 5:01 p.m. public hearing on the 2016–17 budget. The highlights: The property tax rate will go down but, as values are rising, collections should increase by $1 million. We'll be alert for any information on how the district will keep spending under control after last year's reserve account problem. Follow Marlene Sokol on Twitter (@marlenesokol).
• Join our weekly photo challenge on Instagram. Each week, our photo editor will give you an assignment and ask you to share your best image inspired by the theme to your Instagram account. This week's theme is #Love. To play along, you should include the hashtags #TBTimesGram + #Love. We'll feature your photos on tampabay.com and on our All Eyes blog.
• USF beat writer Joey Knight is in Newport, R.I., for the American Athletic Conference football media day, where the Bulls are expected to be the darlings of the East Division. We'll have regular updates throughout the day at tampabay.com/sports.
• Sundial, St. Petersburg's downtown shopping center and move complex, went up for sale last week. So what's next for the property? See what real estate agents, shop owners and retail experts have to say about the complex's future.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including free admission this afternoon at the Glazer Children's Museum.
• Before tonight's show in Clearwater, Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Go's talked to our pop music critic Jay Cridlin about saying goodbye to the Go-Go's and the sexism (and ageism) that still runs rampant in the music industry.
• Tarpon Springs hasn't traditionally been known for its beer scene. But our Barfly reviewer found a sports bar that also keeps a pretty mean draft list in Johnny's Taphouse & Grill.