Bring an umbrella today, as 10Weather WTSP warns of a 50 percent chance of rain and afternoon storms along the coast. Highs will reach into the low 90s.
• You might know Tropical Depression Fiona is fizzling out far over the Atlantic, and that Tropical Storm Gaston is building even farther out — but there's another, closer tropical system that 10Weather WTSP meteorologist Bobby Deskins says bay area residents should keep an eye on.
• Pinellas commissioners today will decide how to replace the larger bridge on the Dunedin Causeway while considering whether to approve the proposed $9.3 million replacement of the smaller bridge connecting the causeway to Honeymoon Island State Park. A public meeting begins at 2 p.m. at the Pinellas County Courthouse.
• The four Democrats vying for state Senate District 19 will get one last chance to make their case Tuesday evening during a candidate forum at the Robert W. Saunders Library. Ed Narain, Betty Reed, Augie Ribeiro and Darryl Rouson will be asked to discuss the issues affecting Florida's most vulnerable residents — children 5 and younger.
• City of Tampa leaders want to elect state lawmakers who support letting cities ask their voters to decide on sales tax referendums. Only county government can do that now, and Tampa leaders feel stymied in their efforts to raise money for transportation. They're finding sharp divisions over the issue in debate among candidates for the House District 60 race.
• A small kindness drew big appreciation when a clerk at a Dunedin drug store paid for a photo order that included the tombstone of a local military man killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan. The Memorial Day order only cost $5.50. But to the man's mother, who finally met the clerk last week, it was a priceless gesture: "I cannot even begin to tell you how I felt." Check tampabay.com for the story later this morning.
• President Barack Obama visits Baton Rouge, La., today to assess damage from deadly flooding that has devastated southern parts of the state.
• Ever wonder who creates those fake food holidays? Our writer invented National Cuban Sandwich Day. From his bedroom. And it worked. Read about it on our Food and Dining page.
• Here are the top things to do today in Tampa Bay including legendary comedian and civil rights icon Dick Gregory at the Improv and a new paddleboarding social hour.