Heavy rains are likely to continue today, according to 10Weather WTSP. But they should start to taper off starting Wednesday.
• The Pinellas County Commission is expected to vote on spending $350,000 to finalize the deal to bring ferry service to the region. The deal has already been approved by Hillsborough County and the cities of St. Petersburg and Tampa. The commission meets starting at 9:30 a.m. The ferry would be expected to start running Nov, 1 with two runs a day, three on Friday, for fares that are expected to be $10 for the one-way trip. Follow Mark Puente on Twitter (@MarkPuente) for updates.
• Two swimmers with Tampa Bay area ties will be competing for a medal tonight in the women's 200 individual medley at the Rio Olympics. Former East Lake High standout Sydney Pickrem, a dual citizen swimming for Canada, and Melanie Margalis of Countryside High School got through preliminaries and semifinals on Monday. Margalis had the fifth-best time in the semis, 2:10.10, and Pickrem was seventh-best at 2:10.57. The final will take place around 10:25 p.m., and will be telecast on WFLA, Channel 8.
• The Pasco County Commission is set to amend its controversial ordinance restricting where certain registered sex offenders can live. The county appears set to simplify the ordinance, reacting to a lawsuit filed by a local attorney accusing the new law leaves offenders with few places to live in the county. Follow Josh Solomon on Twitter (@Josh_Solomon15 ) for updates.
• Hillsborough County public school students are returning to classes Wednesday under a discipline system that has left many teachings feeling unsupported. A recent survey by the teachers' union showed two-thirds of teachers feel their bosses are discouraging them from disciplining unruly students to "keep their numbers down." Read more later today.
• Will you be packing lunches tonight before the kids head back to school Wednesday? Our food editor has ideas for filling a healthy lunchbox that appeals to both kids and adults alike, because who doesn't love a skewer?
• Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton campaigns in Miami today as part of her two-day tour through battleground Florida, home of 29 electoral votes. She visited St. Petersburg and Kissimmee on Monday. Republican nominee Donald Trump takes his campaign to Wilmington, N.C., today.
• Just announced: Bob Dylan will be returning to Tampa Bay for an intimate show at Ruth Eckerd Hall. You can be the first to know the latest concert announcements on our Soundcheck blog.
• Here are the top things to do today around Tampa Bay, including a nighttime tour of the Florida Botanical Gardens and $1 movies for kids at Regal theaters.