• Look out for possible fog this morning, with high temperatures expected to reach the 80s, according to 10Weather WTSP, giving way to another hot day.
• Meanwhile, a deadly storm system blamed for dozens of death in the South and Midwest is expected to hit the Upper Midwest and the East Coast. Heavy snowfall is expected in Midwest states, while a winter storm is forecast for New England.
A deluge of rain prompted a severe threat of rare winter floods on the Mississippi River, and the Federal Aviation Administration said winds and freezing rain could cancel flights in the Northeast, in the central states and in the Great Lakes region, although this morning's outlook is better than yesterday's. If you're flying out of Tampa International Airport today, or meeting someone arriving there, check the flight status early on the airport's website or the carrier's.
• Sue Carlton provides a somewhat true, slightly askew look at the first six months of 2015 in our annual Year in Review, part one. Check for it later today.
• Here are the top things to do today in Tampa Bay including the last week you can ice skate outside in balmy Tampa and play in the snow at the Florida Aquarium.
• You can get ready for your New Year's Eve party today by and making snacks now and stocking your freezer. Which kinds of hors d'oeuvres freeze well? Our award-winning food critic Laura Reiley has answers.
• From King Abdullah to Yogi Berra, 2015 saw the passing of many well-known, and not-so-well-known people. Read the list of notable deaths.