Last night was the coldest it will be for at least a few days, with the threat of frost as lows dipped near freezing in the North Suncoast. Besides that, the weather should be quiet for the rest of the week — until storms approach the area near the weekend. Look for a high around 60 today, according to 10Weather WTSP.
• A Syrian suicide bomber detonated a bomb in a historic district of Istanbul popular with tourists this morning, killing at least 10 people and wounding 15 others, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said.
• Even when Jake Coker was stuck on the bench at Florida State, the Seminoles raved about his arm. Former FSU teammate Clint Trickett said he has never seen a player throw a prettier ball than Coker. In the fourth quarter of the biggest game of his life, the entire college football world got to see what Coker could do for his new team, No. 2 Alabama. Coker followed a pivotal third-down throw with a go-ahead 51-yard touchdown pass — all part of a career-high 335-yard night in last night's thrilling 45-40 win over No. 1 Clemson.
• The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, an independent panel of experts whose members are appointed by the federal government, issued a final set of recommendations late Monday saying that women between the ages of 50 and 74 should get routine screening once every two years. The task force's guidelines are important because insurers and government programs often follow the panel's recommendations in deciding whether to cover certain preventive services. The task force's final recommendation is likely to be controversial because some other groups say the screening should start earlier.
• Florida Gov. Rick Scott delivers the State of the State address to open the 2016 session around lunchtime today. Follow along with our live blog or watch him on the Florida Channel. Our Tallahassee bureau will be tweeting all day about developments to start the annual 60-day session using #legfl16. For now, we're previewing Five things to watch today on our politics blog, The Buzz.
• The Hillsborough County School Board meets at 3 p.m. They'll name new principals for Ballast Point and Bryant elementary schools. Education reporter Marlene Sokol will be there, listening for possible updates as well on the budget shortfall and the teacher evaluation system. Follow @Marlenesokol on Twitter.
• Here are the top things to do today in Tampa Bay, including the classical Chinese dancers and orchestra of Shen Yun.
• Osaka Sushi & Thai's stellar sushi is drawing crowds to Seminole, our food critic Laura Reiley says.